Strange New Thoughts

The place where I slam down gauntlets and pick up the pieces.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Kenny G. 1, Pat Metheny 0

I just deleted an article I'd posted that tried to look (from a Christian perspective) at the jazz community's controversy over Kenny G.
A sensitive reader maintained that I was using scripture to bash Kenny. Well, I don't wholly agree (I did defend him, to a certain extent), but I was also somewhat critical of the G Man. What's more, my writing wasn't up to my personal standard (which should have been a clue to me in the first place.) So, in the interests of Christian love, I apologize to Kenny, my readers (those on both sides of the controversy), and to God, whose standard deserves preeminence.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw dang, I liked the blog about Kenny G. but then of course I'm also a person who most Christians have made a habit of turning their noses up at while simultaneously looking down it at me for one reason or another, so who am I to judge, oh wait, we should leave judgment up to the Christians, they do a much better job.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home